Duration: 1 day.
Introduction: Effective communication requires us to be verbally and non-verbally fluent in all our interactions. In this session, we focus on all aspects of communication so ensuring that participants are fully effective in all situations. According to research, the impact of our communication skills is broken down as follows:
- 55% is determined by body language (non-verbal communication cues).
- 38% is determined by the tone of our voices. 7% is determined by our spoken content i.e. the words we choose to use.
In line with this, the Communication Skills programme focuses on body language, listening skills, voice control and the art of persuasive language.
Detailed outline: Effective communication requires us to be verbally and non-verbally fluent in all our interactions. In this session, we focus on all aspects of communication so ensuring that delegates are fully effective in all situations. The Communication Skills programme aims to equip delegates with the following communicative skills:
- Listening Skills – the ability to listen effectively and understand what is being said to us verbally.
- Body Language – how to translate the messages that are given to us non-verbally and ensure that our own verbal and non-verbal messages are in alignment.
- Voice control – how to ensure that we are in control of our voices and that they are in alignment with the messages conveyed. Understanding the barriers to effective communication and how these can be overcome.
- Persuasive Spoken Language – a look at content structuring through various communication models in order to decide what wording is appropriate and when.