Duration: 2 days.
Introduction: It has been said that the best trainers are not born, merely experienced. This programme aims to provide trainers and facilitators with the tips, tools and techniques that experienced trainers and facilitators rely on. No prior experience necessary! At the end of this programme, you will be able to facilitate learning in groups; apply adult learning principles; apply the latest research on interactive learning; and create an environment which supports learning. 2010 marks the 10th year anniversary for our Train-the-Trainer programme, and this remains one of our most popular programmes. An absolute must for any one required to facilitate or train groups of people!
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
– Facilitate learning in groups.
– Apply adult learning principles.
– Apply the latest research on interactive learning.
– Create an environment which supports learning.
Module 1: Creating a positive learning environment
- The principles of adult learning.
- The learner profile.
- Planning of training facilities.
- Setting a facilitative mood.
- Clarifying expectations & setting goals.
- Group development.
- Recognising group permission.
- Dealing with difficult situations.
Module 2: Communication Skills
- Listening Skills.
- Questioning Skills.
- Micro Skills:
- Visual building blocks.
- Auditory building blocks.
- Kinaesthetic building blocks.
- Breathing building blocks.
Module 3: The Delivery of Training
- Delivery methods.
- Audio Visuals.
- Facilitative Behaviours:
- Closing the session.